But, brides-to-be don't have to give up their stunning floral dreams just yet. If you are in the planning stages of your wedding and looking into wedding flower packages, there are some key ways to save on flowers. Read on for ten tips on saving money on flower packages for your special day.
1. Communicate Your Budget Early OnThe florist you choose will need to know exactly what your budget is in order to advise you effectively. Don't be afraid to address your budget at the first meeting, as that can help the florist show you the best options. Of course, you are free to make suggestions and present your ideas, but understand that the bottom line may have to come first.
2. Pick In-Season, Local FlowersFlowers that are currently in-season are often the freshest, and the most beautiful. In addition, they are typically less expensive because they are easy to find. This also applies to local flowers, as they do not have to be transported very far to reach you. And, what could be better than your favorite home-town flower on your wedding day?
3. Focus On Your BouquetIt can be tempting to obsess about every single flower and arrangement that will be part of wedding flower packages, but it isn't a good idea if you are on a budget. In order to prioritize, focus on your bouquet rather than every other arrangement. This will allow you to splurge a little on the flowers you always imagined you would hold, even if you can't afford to have them everywhere.
4. Use the Flowers TwiceWhy waste the money on flowers for the ceremony and reception? Consider transporting the same flowers from one event to the next, especially because guests typically only spend thirty minutes at the ceremony. Don't be afraid to use them as decoration for the cake table, or the archway once the ceremony is over. Simply communicate with your florist that you are interested in getting the most bang for your buck.
5. Save On VasesThe main attraction will always be the flowers themselves, but a close second would be the vase. Rather than spending lots of money on top-quality, new vases, consider purchasing more rustic options. Instead of ornate glasses, choose vintage glasses or bottles to achieve a more bohemian look.
6. Add in CandlesCandles can immensely benefit the overall aesthetic of a table without adding the cost that flowers do. Lanterns or candles can also add ambiance to the room, with the benefit of highlighting the lovely flowers that you do have. Cut back on wedding flower packages by adding in the extra natural firelight. This tip also helps if your wedding theme is very romantic.
7. Choose More GreeneryThe addition of greenery can greatly reduce the cost of wedding flower packages. This is especially true of centerpieces. Consider adding in fewer flowers and opting for more greens to cut down on price. Greens can help bouquets and decorations appear lush and full, without sacrificing style. This option also pairs well with a more rustic and bohemian style wedding.
8. Limit Expensive BloomsYou may be set on peonies at your wedding, but your budget just won't cut it during the off-season of the flower. Don't give up hope right away. Consider including expensive blooms in limited amounts, rather than using them liberally. For example, use the peonies in your bouquet and by the altar. Elsewhere, you can choose roses and other inexpensive flowers to achieve a beautifully decorated reception.
9. Think Creative with Your CenterpieceThe traditional, flowery centerpiece may not work if your wedding budget is better used elsewhere.
Therefore, think about different options for your centerpiece other than flowers. This could be candles, lanterns, greenery, pinecones, or other do-it-yourself options that cost a fraction of what flowers cost. Be creative and make the centerpiece closely with the season. Are you getting married in the autumn? Consider adding pumpkins, gourds, and apples as part of your centerpiece. In the spring, wildflowers and berries could serve as an alternative. Either way, think outside of the box for a centerpiece in order to achieve the perfect style.
10. Be FlexibleFlexibility is the most important aspect of wedding flower packages on a tight budget. It is understandable if you have very particular ideas about the arrangements and types of flowers, but be open to other ideas as well. As much as you'd like that particular flower, it is unlikely that you will miss it in years to come. Flowers are an integral part of a wedding, but they are by no means the most important. This is a time to focus on you and your loved one, and you shouldn't have overly concern yourself with the budget.
The Best Wedding Flower PackagesIt is important to choose the best florist in planning your Atlanta wedding. A florist should be comfortable with your budget while remaining confident in their ability to create the arrangements you've always dreamed of.
The right florist will be upfront about how feasible your ideas are, and if they can be achieved with your budget. In addition, they can help you plan exactly which wedding flower arrangements you love the most based on your vision boards.
Regardless, they should make you feel comfortable, and you should trust their experience.
Peachtree Petals offers handmade, local Atlanta flower arrangements that will exceed your expectations.
Our beautiful, custom arrangements are specially made for your special day, and we take care to understand exactly what you'd love.
Contact us today to find out more about our floral packages for weddings, and happy planning.