Instead of getting the special someone in your life a trendy new tech toy or yet another scented candle that you know will likely end up being re-gifted next Christmas, why not go with a classic?
This year, give them what they really want -- birthday flowers. But what can you do to take your gift to the next level, and what are the important things to keep in mind when sending flowers?
Read on to find out.
1. Know The RecipientWhen it comes to buying birthday flowers, the most important thing to consider is the person you're buying them for.
Hopefully, you know their tastes when it comes to both arrangement styles and preference of flower. Are they more trendy, or would they like a more classic arrangement? Are they obsessed with all things roses, or are they completely into the succulent scene?
Whatever you choose, make sure that it's to the recipient's taste and personal style.
2. Go For A Symbolic MessageOf course, if you're not sure exactly what the person you're sending the flowers to would love, you can always select flowers based on their meaning.
Looking to send them a not-so-subtle hint that you're into them? Nothing says "please go out with me" like red roses. Want to celebrate your friendship with your bestie on her birthday?
If so, send her irises or chrysanthemums, traditional friendship flowers.
Want to send birthday flowers to a baby or younger cousin? If so, then send daisies, which are meant to symbolize innocence.
You could even include a book about decoding flower meanings to ensure your loved one gets the message!
3. Consider Their Birth FlowerYou have a birthstone... but did you know that you also have a birth flower? If symbolic messages aren't exactly you're thing, you can always use traditional birthday flowers based on the month in which the recipient was born to send a special arrangement.
Check out this quick guide to make things easier, based on information from the trusted Farmer's Almanac:
- January: Carnations
- February: Violets
- March: Daffodils
- April: Daisies
- May: Lily of the valley
- June: Roses
- July: Water lilies
- August: Poppies
- September: Morning Glories
- October: Marigolds
- November: Chrysanthemums
- December: Holly
4. Think About The SizeAnother thing that you'll need to keep in mind when you want to purchase birthday flowers for someone special? The size of the arrangement itself.
Consider where the person getting them is the most likely to put them (or make a suggestion yourself on the card if you have a space in mind.) If it's on their office desk, then an enormous arrangement that's likely to get knocked over onto a computer probably isn't the best idea.
But if they'll probably put the flowers in their foyer, then why not go for a large, over-the-top arrangement? Keep in mind that the size of the arrangement will also impact which kind of vase you choose to order to put them in.
If you need help deciding on the right size and vase, one of our florists will be more than happy to assist you.
5. Don't Forget The DetailsYou've heard the well-worn expression "the devil is in the details." Well, it's no less true when it comes to buying birthday flowers.
Many people get so hung up on things like the size and type of arrangement, they can often end up completely overlooking some of the most important things about how the birthday boy or girl will actually get their flowers!
First of all, make sure you choose the right address when it comes to delivery. This means that you'll also need to consider the delivery time. Will the person getting them be at work during the delivery slot, or at home?
If they're at work, how will they be notified that they have a delivery? It's a good idea to contact their office just to be sure that everything goes smoothly. Also, when you're sending the flowers, make sure that you put down the correct contact information for the recipient.
This will help the delivery person connect with them in case wires get crossed -- without ruining the element of surprise!
6. Consider LongevityHave you ever spent a ton of money on what you thought was your dream purchase, only to have it break two days after you bought it?
You don't want the person you're gifting flowers to feel the same sense of frustration and sadness because their arrangement wilts and dies in 48 hours.
When you're buying flowers, always go with a professional florist. The quality of the flowers themselves will be higher, and they'll be able to point you towards flowers that last for a long time.
Orchids, zinnias, larkspur, and chrysanthemums all have a lengthier lifespan. Be sure to make them a part of your arrangement.
7. Write The Perfect CardLast but not least, when you're ordering birthday flowers for someone special, never forget the importance of the message you plan to write on the card.
Even if you want to send the flowers anonymously, a nice, celebratory birthday message is still a smart idea. Keep things short and sweet -- the flowers will say everything you need to!
Where Can You Order The Perfect Birthday Flowers In Los Angeles?It's no secret that appearances matter in Atlanta. At Peachtree Petals, we're committed to paying attention to every last detail when it comes to your flower arrangement. We offer countless breathtaking arrangements for any budget and occasion. Who knows?
If your birthday flowers go over well, we might even be helping you with your wedding flowers one day! One of the best things about working with us?
We know that sometimes, a birthday can be easily, accidentally, forgotten. Luckily, your recipient will be none the wiser. Our amazing teams can get your flowers out in hours if need be. Make your loved one's birthday even more unforgettable by heightening the celebration with a stunning bouquet.